1. Collection of Information. Due to the nature of EZShield's Services, EZShield may collect information about you from the following sources: (a) from you when you are subscribing for any of the services to be performed by EZShield, its agents or its marketing partners (all such services collectively, the "EZShield Services"), whether you are subscribing directly with EZShield or through one of its agents or marketing partners; and (b) from EZShield and its agents as we perform the EZShield Services. As used herein, the term "Information" means: (a) for residents of the United States of America or its territories, (i) non-public personally identifiable information, and (b) for residents of Canada, information about an identifiable individual, but does not include the name, title or business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization.
2. Types of Information Collected. Depending upon which of the EZShield Services is being provided to you, EZShield may collect Information including, but not limited to, the following: your name, street address, telephone numbers, email address, checking account numbers, birth dates, social security numbers, check numbers of checks drawn or to be drawn from your accounts, credit card numbers and credit information.
3. Reasons for Collecting Information. EZShield collects the Information for the following four (4) reasons: (a) in order for EZShield or its agents to perform the EZShield Services for which you have subscribed; (b) to the extent required, to correctly identify you as subscribed to EZShield Services, (c) to the extent required, to appropriately compensate marketing partners that have sold to you the applicable EZShield Services; and (d) for EZShield's marketing purposes. The Information will not be used for any other purpose without your prior consent. Specific use of the Information may include sending you a welcome email to verify your username and password. We will also communicate with you in response to your inquiries, to provide the services you request, and to manage your account. We will communicate with you by email or telephone, in accordance with your wishes. We may send you strictly service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. Generally, you may not opt-out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to deactivate your account.
4. Limitations on Disclosure to Third Parties. EZShield will not disclose, sell or provide the Information to a third party, except as stated in this Policy, without your consent. EZShield will only disclose the Information if (a) required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us, (ii) protect and defend EZShield’s rights or property, the Site or EZShield’s consumers, and (iii) act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of EZShield, its affiliates, agents, and consumers, or the public; or (b) to non-affiliated third parties1, agents and marketing partners for the reasons set forth in paragraph 3 above; unless EZShield has received your prior consent.
Information Sharing and Your Choices
|Reasons we can share your information
||Does EZShield share
|Can you limit
|For our everyday business purposes - including billing,
processing transactions, & fulfilling your requests for products or services; customer & marketing support services.
|For our marketing purposes - to offer products and services.
|For third parties to market to you.
6. Accuracy of Information. EZShield does not vouch for, and bears no responsibility for, incomplete, inaccurate or not current data about you (including, without limitation, any part of the Information) that may be supplied to EZShield by you or any third-party source, including, without limitation, EZShield's agents (including, without further limitation, third party service providers) or marketing partners.
7. Data Security. EZShield is committed to protecting your personal information. Security measures are in place on the Site to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the Information under our control. We offer industry-standard security measures available through your Web browser. When you are on this Web site, the sensitive information you provide such as credit card and financial information is encrypted with secure socket layer (SSL) technology. E-mail, which is different from the encrypted sessions above, is not secure. Therefore, do not send sensitive information such as credit card, social security numbers or account numbers to us via an unsecured e-mail message.
8. Automatic Collection of Data. When you visit the Site, the web server for the Site automatically recognizes your domain name and IP address. An electronic record of the pages you access on the Site and the amount of time you spend on each page is captured in statistical form. EZShield uses these statistics for internal informative purposes only.
9. Our Commitment to the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, the Canadian Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, and other US and state privacy laws. EZShield maintains policies and procedures to help ensure that Information is used appropriately and within the scope of applicable laws. Information is made available for fraud prevention and detection purposes and for authorized criminal or government investigations. This Information is made available in order to protect consumers and financial services companies; such disclosures are permitted by law.
10. Third Party Offers. While you are visiting or using the Site, you may be presented with an opportunity to subscribe or be required to subscribe or purchase third-party services. If you click on one of the presented offers, you will be redirected to the Web site of the third party, and any Information you provide in response to the offer will be collected and used by the third party. Such Information you provide to the third party and any dealings you have with the third party will be governed by the privacy and other policies of that third party.
11. Children Visiting our Site. The Site is directed at adults. EZShield does not knowingly collect or use information from children. If you are under 18, you may use this Site only with the involvement and permission of a parent or guardian. EZShield is committed to protecting the privacy and rights of children online. EZShield believes that children should be able to use the Internet in a safe, productive, and efficient manner and should be afforded the highest protection available with respect to their personal information. As such, EZShield has made it policy to not collect any individually identifiable information from users whom EZShield knows to be under the age of 18. The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) imposes certain requirements upon Web sites and online services that are directed toward children. To learn more about COPPA, click here for the Federal Trade Commission COPPA Web Site.
13. To Correct/Update/Access/Opt Out: You can ask to view the Information about you held by EZShield, and request corrections to such Information. Please do not send nonpublic personally identifiable information to EZShield via email. Please note that under certain circumstances EZShield may be prohibited by law from disclosing certain Information to you. At any time, you may withdraw your consent to further collection, use or disclosure of information by giving EZShield reasonable notice. Your withdrawal of consent will affect EZShield’s ability to provide you with products, service, or information.
We are committed to ensuring that the information we obtain and use about our customers is accurate. You can help us maintain accurate records by updating your profile information online or by using one of the methods listed below. Our service representatives are trained to answer questions about and give you reasonable access to your personal information in our database.
415 Williams Ct., Suite 116
Baltimore, MD 21220
For General Inquiries:
415 Williams Ct., Suite 116
Baltimore, MD 21220